Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Weeks Review

I'm writing(typing) this with one hand as Ava sleeps on my chest. So, we've been slack with the posts lately and I'm gonna try to bring everyone up to speed with recent developments. Last weekend, Grandma Ginger came to stay and help us out again, which was really like a little vacation for Jeremy and I. We were able to catch up on things around the house and I was able to do some power shopping at Target with the gift cards while Ginger kept the cart in motion. : ) We were also able to attend our friends the Kruskamp's wedding at a local B&B, which was beautiful and tons of fun! Ginger babysat with milk I've just started pumping at Ava's one month mark and she's occaisionally taking a bottle- but she won't from me cuz I'm the real deal and she knows better! Here's Grandma with Ava- Not only has Ava graduated to taking a bottle sometimes, but she's also started to smile at us and in response to things we do, like kissing her or playing with her, or when Daddy's a goob- which happens quite often! It's very rewarding to be able to interact with her more now and get to know her sweet personality.

Here's Ava cracking wise at her Daddy's mustache-
It's kind of blurry but here's one of many smiles, they're hard to catch with the camera-
Thursday, Ava and I went for her one month check-up and Hep B shot. She's really growing like a weed! That day she weighed 10 lbs 2 oz and we also have to correct her birth length because right now she's 22 1/4 inches long. She must have been 20 inches when she was born and they mismeasured. Actually, when we went to the pediatrician the first time, they said she was 20 inches but I thought they were wrong. Oh, well. The hospital never sent us home with anything printed with her length, just weight and time. We just heard them say her length in the hubbub of the delivery room. So, correction.


Another development, Ava has taken to sleeping in a Moby wrap, which I wear and then I can do things around the house with her close to me. So, here we go again, another shot of my bosoms-

And to round out this post, Jeremy's office had a Mustache May party on Friday, which was Ava's first party to attend. They didn't have a good Ava sized mustache there but here's Mommy in a fu manchu-
And here's Ava's mustache, which she sprouted just in time for the end of May, (must of been Rogaine or something in her bottle...)*
*No babies were harmed in the making of these pictures. And for all of you who may cry foul at my dressing up my baby in a mustache, I simply refer to my parents dressing me up as a conehead when I was a baby and taking pictures. It's tradition...

3 comments: