Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cause and Effect

What exciting days we're having! Ava is so smart (or at least her Mommy thinks so)! Ever since our friends the Ruiz family came to visit on Sunday, Ava's been trying to use her legs more and more, so we stand her up on our laps to help build up her strength. Ava also spent two spells of about 20 minutes each lying on her back in her Baby Neptune (undersea themed) play gym and looking at the fish and listening to the lights and music. The biggest development I think though was yesterday when I put her in her stroller for a few minutes in the kitchen so I could heat up some food. When I put her in, I intentionally bopped one of the dangley musical toys that hangs down from the carrier on her car seat (refer to earlier post with picture of Ava in the stroller, see the blue toy?). Well, I turned to the microwave and heard the toy jingle again. I thought "Oh, she must have been flinging her arms around and bopped it" Well, I walked over to look at her and she was intentionally focused on the blue toy AND intentionally throwing her one arm up to try to whack it. When she'd hit it she'd get all excited. She did this about 7 or 8 times before she got disinterested. I was so thrilled. I immediately called Jeremy to brag on her! Her grampa always said she was so smart! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment