Saturday, May 9, 2009

Unstoppable cuteness

Here's a picture of Ava in a shirt her Aunt Lisa got for her. (If it seems like there are lots of aunts and uncles, it's because we're basically calling all our friends aunt/uncles. It's not like we both have 24 siblings.)

The shirt is pretty awesome, it says "I can't wear pink everyday".

So I've been reading "The Book of Flying", and enjoying it very much. This afternoon I was holding Ava, and thought I might want to continue reading while holding her. But I just couldn't do it - I couldn't stop looking at her. Everything she does is enchanting and new, even when she makes unpleasant faces like when she's trying to argue against the flat tax, she is captivating. I'm a pretty serious reader, and not easily torn away once in the grip of a good book. Why once when I was reading A Tale of Two Cities I finished a chapter even though there was a snapping turtle latched on to my ear and my left leg was on fire. But today I couldn't even manage to pick up this beautiful lyrical book because of the unstoppable cuteness in my lap. She's beginning to worry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment