Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tarver update

It's not often anymore that I get two hands to blog so I've got a quick break from Ava as Jeremy holds her. Every day seems to bring something new with Ava. She's over 12 and 1/2 pounds now and sleep is pretty much as good as a mom could hope it would be with a baby her age, where we sleep about 8 hours or more a night with one feeding around 3 or 4am. These last few days have been a little exhausting for me though because she's definitely going thru a growth spurt and wanting to eat at least every hour and a half and being pretty darn fussy. She has also refused to take a bottle so I don't ever get a break on that front. Jeremy's been allowing me some afternoon naps by taking her off for a walk. I've noticed she's started to look at other babies more too since we've been going out to the early parenting center.

In the past week Ava has been noticing her feet a lot more. She likes to put them on things as we carry her around and feels textures with them. She also stares at them when she's sitting and watches as she moves them around.We read at least 6 or so books a day! I read to her and she talks or imitates my sounds some and gets excited and kicks her feet.
One of my favorite things that she does is sings with her Daddy before bed. He swaddles her and sings to her and she often sings back or with him. Sooo sweet!

And here's my cute sleeping boobaa...

No comments:

Post a Comment