Friday, March 27, 2009

Bony baby

It's one week down the road from our last post and still no baby. Still cooking... ; )
She's getting longer and longer I think, or at least she's feeling more comfortable stretching out into Mommy's sides. We had our last Preparing for Birth class at Full Bloom here in Athens, a center for expecting and new mommies and daddies. The class has been awesome. We got to spend time with new mom's and dad's at the last meeting and ask them anything we wanted to about labor and their new lives as a family. We also attended the Centering Pregnancy class at Athens Regional Medical Center because the midwives are my OBs, and that was incredible too. Both classes have really just complimented each other and basically reviewed and prepared me for most of what I might expect. Now, whether I go into labor and forget everything, that remains to be seen! Although I haven't specifically posted this yet, I'm hoping for a natural (normal) birth without pitosin or an epidural but have learned that I should be open to what may come, because if interventions need to be taken, than I won't be saddled and disappointed with unrealistic expectations.
Ava's head has been down in my pelvis for a few weeks though, so that's good for being set up. Yesterday I redeemed a gifted prenatal massage from my best friend Gaby to the Foundry Park Spa. My masseuse's name was Jim and the whole thing was awesome! I feel like it was a great way to try to get my body to prepare to surrender to labor. If I could just request a masseuse at the hospital...he,he.

No comments:

Post a Comment