Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ava's First Halloween

So, she was a little black cat. We scored finding it at a consignment shop for $5! I wore a witch's hat for a little while but it kept blowing off so I stuffed it away. Ava, Grandma Tarver and I all headed into downtown Watkinsville for the festivities on a perfect overcast chilly Halloween Day. We tried to find Cousin Bo and our other little friends Ronan and Cassidy but there were so many kids, and they were all in costumes, so we wouldn't have even recognized them if we'd seen them.


One of the costumes I thought was cute was a hot air balloon. Turns out our little friend Cassidy was "Russell" from the movie Up and was also wearing balloons. Even this little baby had the Halloween spirit.
Ava's costume was so easy to put on I ended up dressing her in it two more days for when we visited with folks. She even went to dinner at a restaurant with her Nana and Grandpa Tomczak and the Boykin family wearing it.
Here's Ava with Ronan and Cassidy's Mom, Tauna.

I figure next year she'll probably have some opinion about what she wants to be. I'll be curious to see what she likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment